Friday, March 12, 2010

Thinking of You with Acrylic Flowers

This little froggie is so happy to be carrying a special message to you! This was another card we did in the class I taught this week. The flowers are purchased acrylic flowers, layered, and attached with a brad. The frog is a Sizzix die cut, which I cut twice, and layered, so he would be thicker, and have a bit more dimension. I then cut the flowers...the ones for class were yellow, and I used my Copics to color the stem green. The students learned to color the bottom of a Dew Drop or acrylic Skittle with a colored Sharpie to create a flower center any color they want! The paper is DCWV, and the image is from Studio G. The green stitching is with a Micron pen. It was a fun card to do...

Stop back tomorrow and see an Easter Card (revisited :)

I'm off to the Cropping with the Stars!! I will take lots of pictures, and will share all of the excitement when I get back next week. In the meantime I will leave a couple of posts for you :)

Happy Crafting ~




3 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh those acrylic flowers are fantastic! I need to find myself some of those! Great card!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the flowers!!!!
They are darling!

And I am a follower, have been for a while now, but I just wanted to tell you I am so proud of you for display your faith! I too am a member, just wanted to say thanks!
For some reason my soul brightens every time I get a update email thingy!!!!
Antann

Turnedgypsy said...

cute you are so talented. i so wish you live near me so you could teach me to use these toys

chriswooten57
mcwooten1999@carolina.rr.com