Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Two Cards and a Sneak Peek

Well, OK, I'v decided to do the sneak peek first :)  Here is one of the projects I have done for this week's UStream Class!  We are still working with the Cricut Machine, and our focus this week is
CUTTING VINYL

We will be making a couple of different projects, so bring some vinyl, ARMOUR ETCH cream, a glass pie plate or cassarole dish, and a composition book or other journal!  Your vinyl can be any type from wallpaper or contact paper to the types specifically manufactured for diecutting machines.
I hope to see you at 8:00 eastern time Tuesday, Feb. 7th.  If you can't make it, you can always check out the recording of my classes.

The next little piece that I'd like to share today is a birthday card for my sister, Joni!
What is significant is that these are the very first cuts I have made with my new
SLICE Machine!!
I must say I am VERY impressed with how intricately this little giant cuts!!!
It will cut images from 2 - 4 inches with 1/2 inch increments.   The images that are available with it are quite nice.  My next project was 40 CTR Shields, and that was a "Cricut" appreciation project, because the Slice only cuts one image at a time, but I still love the convenience of taking it to a crop in a small tote, with all 15 of my cartridges in this book I made for them.
I also love that it is battery powered, so it is extremely portable. 

This last card is a shout out to a special lady who is REACHING OUT to a lot of people.  I don't want to embarass her by telling her good deed in public, but I wanted to thank her for being so dedicated to her cause, and going the extra mile. 
Don't forget you still have until midnight eastern time on Feb. 9th to REACH OUT and do something for someone and enter it into my BIRTHDAY BLOG CANDY contest, and you could be the winner of a Birthday Cakes Cricut Cartridge!  Just link your project to the Inlinkz post, or send me an email, and I'll be sure to post it for you. 

Thanks for dropping by, and

Happy crafting~

Photobucket
Linked to: Stamp, Scrap & Doodle Saturdays Challenge ~ Die Cuts and/or Punches

2 comments:

Gloria Westerman said...

These are so adorable....will have to check it out..

Kelly said...

Hi Betty...thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a sweet comment last week...gosh it's been a long time...I've got a lot of catching up to do! The projects are awesome!