Monday, February 27, 2012

Exploring Alcohol Inks

This sweet image was colored with Alcohol markers...
now, the question is was it with Copics, Sharpies, or Bics???
This darling old Daisy Kingdom stamp was stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink
onto Beckett white cardstock, then colored with alcohol markers.
Thanks to Gina K at StampTV for the recessed image layout inspiration.
Add a satin ribbon from my April Ribbon Kit (coming soon!), a few Prima gems,
and it's a charming card to welcome Spring!
                       Here are a couple of examples done with the different types of markers. 
 I tried to keep it in the same color ranges, and the same number of makers,
 so you could see the comparison.
This photo shows the Copics used on one of the images....
....and this shows the array of Bic markers I used on the other.
Tuesday night at 8:00 eastern time, I will be doing a class on Alcohol Markers.
I hope you will be able to join in!
Bring your markers, images, and play along :)
Click on the UStream icon in the upper right corner of the blog,
and it will take you right to my channel.
All classes are recorded, so if you miss one, you can always go back and catch up!
Happy crafting~


Photobucket

2 comments:

Crafting with Faith said...

I can't wait for the class! I've been wanting to know more about how to color with markers. Hopefully I will be able to join you live, but if not I will watch the recording. Thanks for all you do!
Brandy

BettyBee said...

So glad you were able to make it to the class!