Thursday, January 8, 2009

Happy Birthday, Jim







This will be my first posting on Cute Card Thursday challenge! The challenge was to use something we received for Christmas, and I used my new Cuttlebug embossing and cutting set:-) It embosses the candles, and has a series of sentiment words that it cuts out.


These birthday greetings go out to my Baby Brother! Well, neither of us are really babies any more, but he'll always be three years and three days younger than I am!!!


The paper is Whisper White, and Bazill, and I used glossy gold for "It's Your Day". I used LePlum pens to color the raised candles, and stickles for the golden flames. I cut slits in the card front to thread the shimmery ribbon through. The candle and happy birthday sentiment inside are a StudioG wooden stamp. The message says "So Many Candles, So Little Cake!!!"
Thanks for checking in!

2 comments:

Joan Ottevanger said...

A very pretty card>
I have for you a award on my blog
http://scrapmum.blogspot.com

Sharon Caudle said...

I really like the way this turned out Betty! I've got this set and haven't used it yet! Thanks for much for the inspiration!