Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Cuttlebug Challenge #10





This week's Cuttlebug Challenge was to do a Christmas project, but not a card, and right away I knew that I wanted to try Jen del Muro's Mini Pizza Box tutorial from Lynn over at Splitcoaststampers!! It was so wonderfully easy to make!!! My cuttlebug folder is my old favorite, Swiss Dots, which sits on a framework of gold. The gold is a very frugal little trick. Get gold wrapping paper, run a piece of card stock through your Xyron to make it have an all over adhesive backing, and stick on the gold wrapping paper - even mylar!! Voila! You have gorgeous metallic paper for pennies!! ...I digress... The square on top is featuring my new Fiskars lacy border punch. The poinsettias on the corners are from M's, as are the grosgrain and satin red ribbons. The wreath is made from the MS branch punch, and has lots of gold and red stickles dots for decorations. Inside you'll find a sentiment from a Stampendous stamp, and candycane Hershey Kisses...yummy!!! This 4 inch treat box could hold coasters, magnets, a cookie, jewelry, photos, note cards, or lots of other gift ideas. What would you put in a mini pizza box????

3 comments:

Allison said...

fab box and a great gift idea
AllisonX

Enfys said...

Oh Betty, I think this is my favourite proect of yours EVER - it's just gorgeous. I love that lacy border punch, does it punch a square out or have you just been clever with your punching? I truly, truly adore this
hugs
En x

BettyBee said...

Thanks so much! It's straight punch, and I've cut it in a square...the corners weren't perfect, so the addition of the poinsettias!

Betty