Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

I want to take this opportunity to say how grateful I am to each of you for being a very special part of my life.  I know many of you, and some are "background" friends who read my posts, but I am not acquainted with you yet, though I hope to be someday.   This creative experience is a very important part of my life, and it brings me great joy.  I hope I am able to inspire you in some small way from time to time.

As many of you know, we have had our challenges of late, but I am very grateful for the blessings we have received that see us through even the toughest times.  They help us focus on what is important, and make us stronger along the way. 

What are you grateful for this Thanksgiving?
This candle is a project that I created last year, but it remains one of my favorites.  It is stamped on tissue paper in beautiful fall colors, wrapped with a piece of waxed paper, and then heated with a heat gun.  The heat melts the wax from the paper, adhering the tissue transparently to the wax on the candle. It is burnable with care.

Here is my fall centerpiece, complete with a vinyl sentiment from the Thanksgiving Solutions cartridge.  I made the leaf gold, so it matches the gold charger plate, and adds a final touch to the arrangement.

May you and yours be blessed this Thanksgiving, and may you have the opportunity to find quiet moments of reflection to count your blessings, and give thanks!

Then gobble til you wobble!!!

I'll be back soon with some new projects!   (PS and thanks to those who came to my UStream class last night!  We had so much fun with projects for Santa Head to Toe!!!  If you are interested, you can see the recording of the class anytime.  Click on the link at the top of the page....)

Happy Thanksgiving!


Photobucket

No comments: