Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Chevron - not gasoline!

One of the hottest new trends is the zig-zag design of the chevron... the sargent stripes on a military uniform, or ric-rac trim... that great up and down look.  The HoneyBees were inspired by a great challenge and article in PaperCrafts magazine, and we have explored it a bit ourselves this week.  I do hope you will pop over both places and have a look.  This is my effort.

I took a piece of striped paper from the Imaginisce Happy Day paper pack (stash from 2008!) and cut a strip 12 inches long, then cut three inch pieces.  I laid the shorter pieces at the angle I wanted on my paper trimmer, creating the points.  Be SURE to flip one upside down, so you get matching points, or all of your points will be headed the same direction... (want to know how I know?... hahahaha)  Then match up your points and add a bit of tape on the back to hold.   Very easy.  I thought a bit of zig-zag stitching was the right touch, too. 
The sticker covered chipboard sentiment was part of the paper pack, as was the confetti background paper.  I added the Glam Rocks with my I-Rock, and this project was in the books! 

Won't you give Chevrons a try this week, and share your project with us at BettyBee's Buzz???  We'd LOVE to come and see what you have created!

Have a great week!
Photobucket

No comments: