Saturday, September 4, 2010

Cuttin' Up! Saturday

In honor of Robyn, My Pink Stamper, and Cuttin' Up Saturday, on Cuttlebug Challenges, I've pulled out one of my very favorite Christmas cuts. This is from the When It's Cold Outside Cricut limited edition solutions cartridge that came out last year, and it cuts the most elaborate snowflakes!
I think this scene is my very favorite one. Here it is cut at 4 inches, and I also cut the silver elliptical circle with the Cricut, using Plantain Schoolbook, and the Center Point feature, with a little adjustment. Cool, huh?!
The background was done with sponges, starting in the center, and working out, using CTMH Sunflower Yellow, then Bubblegum Pink, and finally Vineyard Berry. Blend, Blend Blend!!

I used Versamark ink and clear embossing powder to heat emboss the Holy Family part of the cut to make that part pop, as well as the stamped corner elements. Add Silver Stickles for a finishing touch on the stars.

In Robyn's "Family and Friends" set, there is the perfect sentiment..."Believe"...which I was able to slightly curve when I placed it on my acrylic block. Her stamps are great quality! Crisp, clean images, without sanding or prepping the stamps, good quality backing, and clear enough for stamping on ribbon!
Be sure to get over to Cuttlebug Challenge this week to create something PINK with a sentiment on it, and you could be the winner of a set of stamps, or a set of her DVD's.
Happy crafting ~