Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Be Inspired #101 Nostalgia Week

Crafty Secrets has sent us some fun little vintage pieces, and this one is right on target for me this week, as I have a very challenging new cell phone, and I've had this very sentiment more than once!!


The Design Team over at Cuttlebug Challenge has created some darling pieces with their retro cards, and I hope you will have an enjoyable walk down Memory Lane with them, and take a few moments to create a project of your own for the challenge this week. There is a nice prize package from Crafty Secrets for the winner this week!

For my card, I've used vintage wallpaper patterned paper by Crafty Secrets, topped by mats by Marco paper, and the corner designs are dies by Cuttlebug Ornamentals. The old fashioned phones are cut from with my Cricut Heritage cartridge ~ perfect for this image :) and they are accented with a warm brown watercolor pencil. The flowers are my favorites, from Wild Orchids!


On a personal note, I am so grateful for the Lord's blessings for my family. My 10 year old granddaughter was actually hit by a speeding car that passed her stopped school bus today, and she is alright. The driver did not stop, and there is hope that the camera on the bus will have captured the info that the police need. He ran over her foot, but she is okay, and her two little brothers were just behind her. It was SO INCREDIBLY close...and my daughter watched it happen. We are so thankful that our daily prayers for protection are answered.


Keep crafting and keep praying ~


1 comment:

Court said...

Heaven's Betty. My heart goes out to your granddaughter and her parents. Is her foot going to be okay? My mommy anger comes rising up from the depths against whoever was driving that car! How could they not stop? I'm so sorry and am SO glad she is alive and safe.