Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Christmas in July

Three Designers were given the same calendar kit, and it is amazing to see how different they came out! My friends, and fellow designers, Kristi and Wanda, and I were all given the very same Making Memories calendar, with the charge to do a December Calendar page for Christmas in July....Oh, how fun! Please check out Cuttlebug Challenge, and their blogs to see what they have done!!

My take on the Making Memories Calendar was to create a Winter Wonderland scene. I used the little buttons from the kit to create the snowmen along side my glittered Christmas Stamp from Inkadinkadoo. The scallop trim is also from the kit, and I've added sequined accent trim to bring out the illusion of drifting and fluffy snow!

Here you see the torn vellum hills that have been stickied by Xyron, and then glittered, with added Stickles for extra sparkle and dimension. The deer are cut from the Christmas Noel Cricut Cartridge. The trees are from the Heritage Cricut Cartridge.

On the left we find a jaunty little sleigh trimmed with velvety borders, glittered trim, and gold leaf runners. This is also cut from the Christmas Noel Cricut Cartridge. Adding the little house from the Winter Border set carries the theme to the left side of the scene


In the distance we see a cozy little village ~ created with the Winter Houses Cuttlebug Embossing folder, and painted with Smooch pearlized inks. There dots of Stickles for glittery snow.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hope you will be joining us at Cuttlebug Challenge for all of the fabulous Christmas tutorials this week, and then for the big Christmas Around the Clock Festival beginning at Midnight Saturday night with a new Challenge every hour!! There will be prizes for participating :) I've seen some of the projects, and you will be so impressed!!! I've got the music playing, hot chocolate simmering, and cookies baking!!!

Happy crafting ~

4 comments:

jordanbev5@yahoo.com said...

This absolutely beautiful! I can not believe all the work you put into it. LOVE IT, Betty!!

md said...

superbe bravo
md

Court said...

Betty! This is GORGEOUS! This was my favorite by far. I definitely want to try to make this, but I don't have the cartridges. You may have inspired me to go shopping! :) I'm still looking forward to getting the mail every day as I never know when my new friend Cake is arriving! SO excited! Have a wonderful day!

Anonymous said...

AWESOME!!! I love it.
I also just signed up to be an email follower. Can't wait to start getting your inspirational emails.

Marjorie from TX