Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Home Decor Idea

You've probably put away the Christmas tree, and the rest of your holiday decorations, and things might look a little bare in comparison. Here's a fun little idea, and it also makes a great gift, too. This candle is actually one of those awesome battery operated flameless candles, but the decorations work the same for a regular pillar candle...just be careful when burning it :-)

First I used florist ribbon, and embossed it in the Cuttlebug! It works so easily, and looks great! Adhere the ends together with tape. Then add gorgeous flourish pearls in your choice of colors.
These flowers were cut with my Cricut, and the Pagoda cartridge, and I used the page from an old book for interest. The edges were inked with chalk inks, and the three layers glued together. Add one very cool button, and here is a very stylish candle!
I hope you try something fun like this, and link it back to me, so I can see what you've done!
Happy crafting ~