Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Cuttlebug Challenge #55

We have a new sponsor this week at Cuttlebug Challenge, and I have to admit that this was just a bit of a stretch for some of us. I've seen My Favorite Things stamps for quite a while, and am quite a fan of a lot of them, but this one was a challenge for me. It is called On The Pier, and somehow it just seemed to be the wrong time of the year for me. The reason they choose to leave the heads off of their designs, is because they like them to be "any woman"...

Here I chose the Ornamental Iron Cuttlebug Folder to create the Wallpaper on Core'dinations paper. The soft yellow with the lighter yellow worked really well. I added acrylic for the window, and used a white Sakura Souffle' pen to draw in the window panes. It is great, because when it dries, it sort of puffs up, and gives a great, bright white look. The curtains were made from shiny copper ribbon, and attached with glue dots. The sentiment at the bottom was computer generated, and reads "The road to a friend's house is never long." I cut it with a tag Coluzzle, just turning it around to give the decorative end on both ends. The gem leaves are from JoAnn's.
My image is colored with Copics, water color pencil for the boardwalk, and watercolor crayon for the sky. The leaves are all punched with a small punch from my stash.
Please pop over to Cuttlebug Challenges to check out what the other Designers have created, and to be sure to watch for the creations presented this week, when the five designers get the brand new Cuttlebug Folders! I am so LUCKY! I am one of the five, and am stalking the mailman! I have already colored images, just getting ready for when the folders arrive! I am so excited!!
Happy crafting~ and I'll see you soon!!

6 comments:

Jessie said...

I love this card Betty! The colours are beautiful and the stamp is so cool! You did a beautiful job :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Betty:)
I love your beautiful cards those leaves are gorgeous..my hubbie is peering over my shoulder(like they do) he said your card with the curtains is `Fabulous` great idea TFS
Have a great week:)xxx

Karen said...

So gorgeous Betty from the inside to the outside! Fabulous work and awesome card!!

Hugs,
Karen

lisa808 said...

Betty, this is an adorable card.

Shantaie said...

Betty, this is by far the most creative way to use this stamp ever!! I love it!!!

June Houck said...

Love this fabulous window card, Betty! And the leaves inside are just perfect.