Saturday, May 23, 2009

Happy Memorial Day

Before the picnics and parades, I wanted to post a little card I made with some of my forefathers in mind. My husband is a 24 year veteran, and my son is also a vet, so I appreciate the moments that we take to honor those who serve our Nation. However, Memorial Day is especially for those who gave ALL, and I remember going from cemetery to cemetery with my Grandmother placing flowers on the graves of her brothers, and other family members. My Dad is now gone, and he, too served. God bless them all. And to those who serve today... my nephew in Iraq, my niece and nephew who are training to go, and to all of your loved ones, God bless you all, and may He bring you all home safely. We know that Freedom Isn't Free.



The card is made from clip art, copic and bic markers, bling given to me by a friend, and paper from my stash.

Happy Memorial Day, and enjoy your long weekend!

BettyBee

No comments: