Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Cuttlebug Challenge #9



This was my challenge week, and our challenge was to create our own cuttlebug folders. I used Design Studio, and the George cartridge to create the simple Nativity. I cut my design on chipboard, and adhered it to the acrylic folder. My paper was Pearl Vellum. My swirls were cut with my new Calligraphy cartridge. I pierced the sky and on the vellum. The sentiment and the star are from the same StudioG $1 wooden stamp, that I removed from the wood and cut apart. I will post the cut file for the nativity, if you leave a message requesting it.
Click on the Cuttlebug Challenge Blinkie to check out what the other designers have done!!
Merry Christmas!!

2 comments:

Cassie said...

Very cute! I found you from the Cuttlebug Challenge blog - congrats on being the guest designer!! I'm way behind....but on your original tutorial for making your own folders - did you use your Cricut to cut that thin chipboard sheet? I have a Cricut but I'm not very proficient in it and didn't realize it would cut something that thick. Thanks!

BettyBee said...

Yes, Cassie, I did use my Cricut to cut my chipboard sheet...It will do it just fine! If you have the Expression, press the Multicut button, and it will cut the impression twice, or if your chipboard is thick, you can use the + button to have it cut it more. I find using thin chipboard (cereal box) works great, and if I want a deeper impression, just glue a second layer on top of the first. It's easy! Give it a try, and let me know how it works for you.
BettyBee